- Large-scale violence has struck Haryana for the third time in three years ever since ML Khattar was sworn in as chief minister on Oct 26, 2014.
- Massive violence followed the conviction of Dera Sacha Sauda chief Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh on Fri Aug 25, 2017 by a special CBI court, holding the Dera Sacha Sauda leader guilty of rape. In about 300 incidents across Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi 31 people died and 250 have been injured after the court verdict.
- There were intelligence reports too fearing violence. But the Khattar government did not take adequate measures to ensure that violence did not erupt. The state government should not have allowed Baba Ram Rahim to travel from Sirsa to Panchkula as a hero in a convoy of 700 cars. It could have restricted to 5/6 cars.
BJP and its leaders were Ram Rahim's bhakts and won elections with his help.
- Khattar defendng himself saying that the Haryana government had made complete arrangements but "the mob was really huge" as people entered the state on foot several days ahead is only a cosmic theory and rubbish. He only appealed to people on TV to remain clam and quiet. Ditto by PM & HM from Delhi. This is no way of maintaining law & order.
Security forces were doing nothing when mob rampage is going on, as seen on TV.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh defending "State governments did take precautions. You can't blame them" and expressing inability to avoid congregation of Dera supporters in Panchkula saying “In a democracy, how can you stop movement of people all together” is totally irresponsible.
He should quit if he can't do his job properly.
- BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj today stroked controversy when he openly came out in defence of controversial godman Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh even after he was convicted by a special CBI court in a rape case. He said the court has listened to the complainant and not millions of devotees who consider him god. His remarks came after 31 people were killed in violence in Haryana after a CBI court convicted Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh.
BJP leadership is unhappy with his surrealist remarks.
- Sakshi Maharaj also said Dera supporters shouldn't be held responsible for mayhem damage.
Then who is responsible?
- BJP leader Subramanian Swamy tweeted "A new threat to Sadhus. Politicians and ashramites wanting to grab Ashram wealth by sending the Swamijis to jail. Sadhus must groom successors."
What a cosmic theory?
- Controversies of Dera Baba Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh includes death of child controversy, rape of sadhvis, murder of journalist, charges of blasphemy, posession of illegal weapons etc.
- He is one of the 36 people in the country who enjoys the VVIP Status and Z+ security cover due to threats from Punjab militants since 2008. This is because he is well-known for wielding influence amongst politicians in Haryana, Rajasthan and Punjab. Chief Ministers of these states even bow before him in respect.
He was a criminal facing trial since 2007 and with Z+ security!
- Punjab and Haryana High Court castigated ML Khattar led BJP government, saying “This was a political surrender to allure vote bank. CM is the Home Minister. Why has he allowed people to assemble for seven days. CM is protecting them.”
Punjab & Haryana Courts have inspired public confidence in judiciary.
- The Punjab and Haryana High Court has ruled that all losses caused to property be recovered from Dera Sacha Sauda. The state was also directed to issue orders to the Dera not to alienate any of its properties till further directions of the court.
- The Haryana government said it will compensate for the losses of media personnel and the properties of others.
Why & how, with whose authorization?
- BJP chief Amit Shah has categorically said that Khattar will neither be replaced nor even called to explain only indicates several BJP leaders heads will roll for involvement with Dera Baba, if Khattar is not saved.
If 30 lives are not enough to consider easing out Khattar, then how many more are needed?
|Punjab & Haryana High Court full bench admonishing |
Haryana government and passing nasty remarks on Modi
In days ahead, several more scandals involving Dera Baba and political personalities will surface and government and its agencies will work hard to save the culprits against public interest. The way convicted Bajrang Dal leaders got bail on health grounds as soon as Modi became PM, Dera Baba coming out of jail soon will surprise none.
Modi's stoic silence on this burning issue is quite surprising. Khattar, a first-time MLA, was chosen by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and party chief Amit Shah to lead the party government in Haryana. Khattar is a RSS Pracharak and BJP replacing him is out of question. BJP's shameless people don't resign for their failures but will justify their inefficiency & inaction and stick to seat. Suresh Prabhu & Nitish Kumar are not a BJP/RSS men. BJP is showing themselves as a glorified Mutt. Modi & BJP have mastered the art of campaigning failures as successes and bombard in high pitch ad-campaigns and make gullible people believe it. But what they don't know is that honesty is the best policy and truth eventually trumps. An ardent admirer of Modi is so much disappointed and remarked that - "Modi is just wearing a development mask but supports medieval thoughts and BJP is losing credibility very fast. This might be the beginning of the end of BJP. This arrogance is just unacceptable. May God show someone fresh and good to lead India." Dera Sacha Sauda must be liquidated all its properties auctioned off, victims fully compensated and all damages paid off.