What are ethics?
- At its simplest, ethics is a system of moral principles. They affect how people make decisions and lead their lives.
- Ethics is concerned with what is good for individuals and society and is also described as moral philosophy.
Ethics covers the following dilemmas:
- How to live a good liife
- Our rights and responsibilities
- The language of right and wrong
- Moral decisions - what is good and bad?
Each field or profession has its own detailed ethics which must be adhered to people in that profession failing which his/her license to practice profession might get revoked/suspended apart from subjecting to laws of the land.
Only Business and Professional ethics are listed out for general guidance.
Business Ethics & Benefit
Business ethics is defined as the application of moral code of conduct to the strategic and operational management of a business.
- Promotes strong public image or reputation
- Helps building trust and retaining good employees
- Enable build customer loyalty
- Generates positive work environment to cultivate teamwork and enhance productivity
- Avoids legal problems
- Build lasting relationships with business associates
- Promotes law compliance and make policies legally valid
- Results in transparency of operations
- To act consistently at all times
- Eliminates stress
- Ethics helps avoid criminal acts of "omission" and can reduce fines
- Helps in doing right things at all times
Professional Ethics in the Work Place
- Always strive for excellence and stand-out
- Be trustworthy by proving integrity over time
- Be courteous & respectful to avoid conflicts and earn respect
- Be honest, open & transparent and increase your personal value
- Be competent and improve continually by learning & adapting for offering professional services
- Always be ethical with clear moral conscience especially when rule book is inadequate
- Always be honorable and act with integrity and character with certain values, believes and principles with consistency in action and outcome
- Be respectful of confidentiality by respecting rules and by not disseminating information
- Set good examples by showing and leading by example
Professionalism is highly valued by every organization and professionals are hardly out of work.
Follow ethics at all times and enjoy wonderful, professional & prosperous career.