- At its simplest, ethics is a system of moral principles. They affect how people make decisions and lead their lives.
- Ethics is concerned with what is good for individuals and society and is also described as moral philosophy.
- How to live a good liife
- Our rights and responsibilities
- The language of right and wrong
- Moral decisions - what is good and bad?
Each field or profession has its own detailed ethics which must be adhered to people in that profession failing which his/her license to practice profession might get revoked/suspended apart from subjecting to laws of the land.
Only Business and Professional ethics are listed out for general guidance.
Business Ethics & Benefit
- Promotes strong public image or reputation
- Helps building trust and retaining good employees
- Enable build customer loyalty
- Generates positive work environment to cultivate teamwork and enhance productivity
- Avoids legal problems
- Build lasting relationships with business associates
- Promotes law compliance and make policies legally valid
- Results in transparency of operations
- To act consistently at all times
- Eliminates stress
- Ethics helps avoid criminal acts of "omission" and can reduce fines
- Helps in doing right things at all times
- Always strive for excellence and stand-out
- Be trustworthy by proving integrity over time
- Be courteous & respectful to avoid conflicts and earn respect
- Be honest, open & transparent and increase your personal value
- Be competent and improve continually by learning & adapting for offering professional services
- Always be ethical with clear moral conscience especially when rule book is inadequate
- Always be honorable and act with integrity and character with certain values, believes and principles with consistency in action and outcome
- Be respectful of confidentiality by respecting rules and by not disseminating information
- Set good examples by showing and leading by example