- He does not buy the car and does not take a car loan.
- Does not buy vehicle insurance.
- Does not buy fuel.
- Does not use the services of repair shops and car washes.
- Does not fear “civic responsibility”.
- Does not use paid parking.
- Does not become obese.
- Yes, and well, dammit ! Healthy people are not needed for the economy. They do not buy drugs. They do not go to private doctors. They do not increase the country's GDP ! Total disaster!!! This is how corporate think
- On the contrary, every new McDonald's outlet creates 30 jobs: 10 Dentists, 10 Cardiologists and 10 Weight Loss Experts.
It was amusing. Bikes were very popular before cars. Cars were viewed as a natural progression (it is sure easier going up a hill). This progress drove industrialization, higher productivity, and so forth. Giving up cars and using bikes do indeed threaten the car companies.
The present arbitrary economic system is flawed, which favors wastage & destruction and sees efficiency & lowered unnecessary consumption as a good thing. The numbers like the GDP are calculated with no eye to the long-term future, and the fact is that 'All resources are finite'.