Not talking means you are listening. When you are listening, you understand. There is no need to come up with something to say. There is no need to worry about whether you are a good conversationalist. And there is no need to try to make out what the person means. Everything that you need will come to you if you are receptive to receive it.
We cannot control the way people interpret our ideas or thoughts, but we can control the words and tones we choose to convey them. Peace is built on understanding, and wars are built on misunderstandings. Never underestimate the power of a single word.
Small people talk about other people, mediocre people talk about things, great people talk about ideas.
Avoid people who always have something to say and those who expect you to always have something to say. Don’t talk to people you don’t want to talk to, and don’t talk about stuff you don’t want to talk about.
- Nature's greatest gift to man is the ability to think and talk.
- People love to talk but hate to listen.
- No matter what we talk about, we are talking about ourselves.
- When you have nothing to say, say nothing.
- Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating.
- An egotist talks and looks down on others.
- A fool speaks without thinking; a wise man thinks before speaking.
- Refrain from indulging in gossip. Small talk comes out of big mouths.
- When money talks it doesn't talk sense and truth remains silent.
- Talking vitiates doing.
- Talk only when you have something to say.
Wise men speak because they have something to say;
What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say ... RW Emerson