People consciously reflect in order to understand events in their lives and as a consequence hopefully add and enhance meaning. Reflection is associated with 'looking back' and examining the past in order to learn from what happened and not repeat mistakes.
- Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality.
- Fashion is a language, for sure, and it is a reflection of society.
- Music and fashion are a sign of the times and a reflection of what people want and need at this very day and age.
- Football is a sport of paradox. It requires reaction, not reflection. Yet you must use your mind to calculate, to anticipate - to think and not think at the same time.
- Cinema is a reflection of its own society.
- The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.
- How we treat the poor is a reflection of who we are as a people.
- Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences, and failing to achieve anything useful.
- Work needs to be a reflection of your social values. You are how you work!
- Popular culture is simply a reflection of what the majority seems to want.
- The coming of honor or disgrace must be a reflection of one's inner power.
- There is a terrible price to be paid when your exterior life is not an honest reflection of your interior life.
- Today self-consciousness no longer means anything but reflection on the ego as embarrassment, as realization of impotence: knowing that one is nothing.
- It is a most mortifying reflection for a man to consider what he has done, compared to what he might have done.
- With some people solitariness is an escape not from others but from themselves. For they see in the eyes of others only a reflection of themselves.
- To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
- Our observation of nature must be diligent, our reflection profound, and our experiments exact. We rarely see these three means combined; and for this reason, creative geniuses are not common.
- The conditions of suffering that exist today in our impoverished communities are not acceptable. The reflection of those conditions are less concerning to me. And I work everyday about changing the conditions.
- There's nothing like meeting someone's family to get a true sense of them and a reflection of their ethics and personality. It just makes them a more rounded person.
- Bereavement is terrible, of course. And when somebody you love dies, it's a time for reflection, a time for memory, a time for regret.
- A string of excited, fugitive, miscellaneous pleasures is not happiness; happiness resides in imaginative reflection and judgment, when the picture of one's life, or of human life, as it truly has been or is, satisfies the will, and is gladly accepted.
- It is not so much the example of others we imitate as the reflection of ourselves in their eyes and the echo of ourselves in their words.
- We complain of the increased tempo of our lives, but our frenetic lives are just reflection of the economic system that we have created.
- Social media is something of a double-edged sword. At its best, social media offers unprecedented opportunities for marginalized people to speak and bring much needed attention to the issues they face. At its worst, social media also offers 'everyone' an unprecedented opportunity to share in collective outrage without reflection.
- The enemy of science is not religion. Religion comes in endless shapes and forms. The true enemy is the substitution of thought, reflection, and curiosity with dogma.
- Action and faith enslave thought, both of them in order not be troubled or inconvenienced by reflection, criticism, and doubt.
- Forgiveness is a very personal and intimate thing. Forgiveness is not something that you can speak for others because it includes not only your desire and will, your reflection and intellect, but also your emotions.
- Most executives I know are so action-oriented, or action-addicted, that time for reflection is the first casualty of their success.
- Comedy is a reflection. We create nothing. We set no styles, no standards. We're reflections. It's a distorted mirror in the fun house. We watch society. As society behaves, then we have the ability to make fun of it.
- Democracy is just a reflection of our morals and the things that we believe.
- We learn our virtues from our friends who love us; our faults from the enemy who hates us. We cannot easily discover our real character from a friend. He is a mirror, on which the warmth of our breath impedes the clearness of the reflection.
- The Amateur Marriage grew out of the reflection that of all the opportunities to show differences in character, surely an unhappy marriage must be the richest.
- Chaos is the first condition. Order is the first law. Continuity is the first reflection. Quietude is the first happiness.
- Mass communication, radio, and especially television, have attempted, not without success, to annihilate every possibility of solitude and reflection.
- Philosophical reflection could not leave the relation of mind and spirit in the obscurity which had satisfied the needs of the naive consciousness.
- In sum, thought and reflection have been rendered thoroughly pointless by the circumstances in which modern men and women live and act.
All heroism is due to a lack of reflection, and thus it is
necessary to maintain a mass of imbeciles. If they once understand
themselves the ruling men will be lost.
When you do routine things you get bored. Then go to a serene place and enjoy in a state of solitariness for self-analysis, introspection, reflection and replenish energies. Therefore, solitude is fortitude.