Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) is an epic historical fiction film directed by S. S. Rajamouli. It is the continuation of Baahubali 1: The Beginning (2015). The film was produced on a budget of Rs.450 crores & released in over 8,000 screens all over the world. Baahubali 2 had a sensational opening in India, and is expected to surpass the day one records of Sultan (Rs.36 crore) and Dangal (Rs.29 crore). Unconfirmed sources are saying the Hindi version has netted over Rs.50 crore, making Bahubali 2 the first Indian film to gross over Rs.100 crore on day one of its release. The total final run collections of the movie are estimated to gross over Rs.1,500 crores.
Rajamouli made the film engaging throughout with decent comedy, superb action sequences, rich visuals and intriguing plot. However, the movie fall flat in the second half with the predictable story line and also climax could have been more intense and gripping. Prabhas did a splendid job with his superb performance. Anushka stole the hearts of the audience with her beauty and she equally dominates Prabhas in screen presence.
- The most awaited film of the year Bahubali 2 The conclusion.
- Prabhas steals show all the way. He comes across as the perfect action hero, complete eye candy, and the biggest strength of the film.
- SS Rajamouli never fails to reach expectations. Bahubali 2 was a grandeur where the vision of the director was limitless beyond words, expressions and descriptions.
- Prabhas’ performance and S S Rajamouli’s vision turn critics into fans.
- Needs to be viewed in IMAX. Never a dull moment, no gimmicks. Seamless screenplay. Honest film making.
- A thoroughly entertaining action drama. Watch it for super amazing Prabhas and Anushka Shetty. Ramya Krishnan was at her best.
- Don’t judge Baahubali. Just savour it. It is a visual extravaganza that India must feast on.
- Indian cinephiles must salute Rajamouli for he once again gives us our Benhur and Ten Commandments experience rolled into one. But Baahubali takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. The romance between Devasena and Amarendra has the Titanic fervour. While the performances of the lead cast are all believable, it sets your spirits soaring.
- When was the last time a Telugu movie, dubbed in multiple languages including Hindi, power into multiplexes around the world, shoving aside all competition? Never.
- In some places the battle scenes and the hand-to-hand combat is choreographed beautifully.
- Nothing in Part 2 seems to match up to that waterfall in Part 1.
- S.S. Rajamouli’s Baahubali 2 is pleasing to the eye, in particular with its costumes, lavish interiors and innovative stunts.
- Yes, it is bigger, but it is not better. And it feels much louder. The background music is relentless, and the pitch at which the declamatory dialogues are delivered is deafening.
- Everything in the film falls prey to the lure of excess. It has several flamboyantly mounted passages that drift in the hope that the ‘magic’ of the visuals would be enough to keep the audience from noticing the over-indulgent strain.
- Even though Baahubali 2 is not a great film in terms of story, it is a must-watch for all the cinema lovers to experience the grandeur and superb performances from the lead cast.
- At the end of nearly three hours, the second part is not as satisfying or fun as the original. Together with lack of a plot interesting enough, Baahubali 2 comes off as too much sound and fury signifying little.
- The animated hi-jinks that Rajamouli created were astonishing, both in terms of scale and setting and story telling. One will be blown away by the sheer confidence and the conviction of the film-making, ignoring the risible bits and pieces.
Not withstanding 'no failures' success story of Rajamouli, since 16 years, it is sheer madness to produce a film at a budget of Rs.500 crores. Marketing and creation of hi-pitch hype need not necessarily ensure success of a film. Any failure would have doomed his film career. The reassuring success of Baahubali2 broke all filmi records of all languages, despite it being primarily a Tollywood film. In the critical analysis, there are many drawbacks in the film but in the light of success they are all diminished. It is a must-watch film with absolutely no-regret. Never in the past the director was so much acclaimed for success of a film. Congratulations to Rajamouli garu & his team, hands down!