|Babri Masjid being demolished by Kar Sevaks on Dec 6, 1992|
Here are the top 10 points from the judgement in the Babri Masjid demolition case:
- CBI's appeal in Babri mosque demolition case allowed, criminal conspiracy charge against LK Advani and other BJP leaders restored.
- Two separate cases (in Lucknow and Raebareli) against LK Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti and unknown 'kar sevaks' in will be brought together in one trial.
- The trial court in Lucknow must complete the hearing in two years and deliver a verdict.
- Kalyan Singh (who was the chief minister of UP in 1992) enjoys constitutional immunity as Rajasthan Governor and can be tried only after he leaves office.
- Lucknow court should conduct trial in these cases on a daytoday basis.
- No party shall be granted adjournments without the sessions judge being satisfied of the reasons for it.
- CBI will have to ensure that at least one prosecution witness appears in trial court for recording of testimony.
- Trial judge hearing the Babri mosque case shall not be transferred till the judgement is delivered.
- Lucknow trial court to commence proceedings in four weeks and there will be no 'de novo' (fresh) trial.
- Order should be followed in letter and spirit and parties involved have the liberty to approach the top court if its directions are not followed.
However, SC has dealt a deadly blow to BJP & its associates stunning the master manipulator Modi affirming judicial independence and upholding rule of law. Any shame left, Uma Bharti and Kalyan Singh must resign their Minister & Governor positions and face criminal charges in their individual capacity. Ironically, Modi (with his CBI) has to prosecute his own gurus & compatriots of conspiracy & criminal charges. Landed in unenviable spot, Modi, who lectures on every issue, will maintain stoic silence on this matter.