Anger could be stratified into three modalities: cognitive (appraisals), somatic-affective (tension and agitations), and behavioral (withdrawal and antagonism). A person experiencing anger will also experience physical conditions, such as increased heart rate, elevated blood pressure, and increased levels of adrenaline and noradrenaline.
Aristotle felt that anger or wrath was a natural outburst of self- defense in situations where people felt they had been wronged.
- Most people experience anger as a result of "what has happened to them".
- People feel angry when they care about has been offended.
- The behavior of angry person warns aggressors to stop their threatening behavior.
- When a man becomes angry, he has no shame, no fear of evil and is not respectful in speech.
- Anger triggers part of the fight. Anger is expressed in awkward facial expressions, body language etc.
- Anger activates aggression, it is neither a necessary nor a sufficient condition for aggression.
- Anger impairs to exert cognitive control over their behavior.
- Anger is used as a protective mechanism to cover up fear, hurt or sadness.
- Anger is a conscious behavior to stop the threatening behavior of others.
- Anger negatively affects personal or social well-being. An angry person loses objectivity, empathy, prudence or thoughtfulness and cause harm to themselves or others.
- An angry person sleeps poorly, destroys his health, wealth and status. Relatives, friends, & colleagues avoid him.
- A moment of patience in a moment of anger saves a thousand moments of regret. Anger begins with madness, and ends in regret.
- Anger makes people think more optimistically, dangers seem smaller, actions seem less risky, ventures seem more likely to succeed, and unfortunate events seem less likely. Angry people are more likely to make risky decisions, and make more optimistic risk assessments.
- The display of anger can be feigned or exaggerated. Anger is a strategy of social influence and goal achievement.
- Angry people are less likely to suffer heart disease and more likely to receive a pay raise compared to fearful people.
- People tended to be more flexible toward an angry opponent.
- Showing anger increases the ability to succeed in negotiation.
- Without anger, teaching will be useless, judgments unstable, crimes unchecked. Therefore to be angry is not always an evil.
- We worship God by expressing our honest anger at him.
- Women's passive nature is due to their lack of power compared to men.
- Physical altercation occurs with prior expression of anger by one of the participants.
- Anger can boost determination toward correction of wrong behaviors, promotion of social justice, communication of negative sentiment, and redress of grievances.
- Anger always results when we are caught up expecting the world to be different than it is.
- An internal infection can cause pain which in turn can activate anger.
- Anger is the fume of an irritated mind. It is caused by the thwarting of desires. It feeds the limited ego and is used for domination and aggression.
You need to accept that life sometimes is unfair, then you can pursue positive purpose. You can work constructively against injustices you find, transforming your anger into passion. Or you can pursue fulfillment in spite of the unfairness that exists.
These days in India, ferocity of mob threats and crowd size indicate the authenticity and depth of the grievance. The management of staging of spontaneous popular anger is a key political technique in contemporary India. Only a spontaneously angry crowd gets taken seriously, if it is Hindus. Any Muslim crowds will be routinely dismissed as 'staged' or 'instigated' by dark, hidden forces. In reality mob violence was rarely prosecuted as a crime. Shiv Sena which practiced threat of mob violence in day to day politics was always helped by police standing by and never ever booked and prosecuted.
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding ... Mahatma Gandhi
Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame ... Benjamin Franklin