Investment advice is a tricky thing with parameters like investor's age, risk, returns, appreciation, liquidity, term etc. The details are in the below matrix
Types of Risks are:
|Equity Share (Blue Chips)||Moderate||Low||High||High|
Types of Risks are:
- Credit Risk: You may not get back your money.
- Inflation Risk: The longer you have in cash, inflation erodes its value.
- Liquidity Risk: In long term investments, turning asset into cash takes time and carry penalties.
- Time Risk: A better investment opportunity might present itself.
- Market Risk: Values fluctuate as per market sentiment.
- Business Risk: Profitability may not be as anticipated.
- Interest Rate Risk: Interest rates might get lowered in the economy.
- Invest in yourself. Anything you can do to develop your own abilities or business.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meet-ups.
- Take a free online course.
- Talk to people and ask them questions (listen more than you talk).
- Research something you are interested in.
- The worst investment you can make over time: cash.
- Never lose money. Focus on capital preservation strategies.
- An investment in knowledge pays the most interest.
- Beware of expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship.
- Diversify your investment portfolio.
- Invest in a broad-based index fund. The economy will do fine over time.
- Don’t be afraid to drop your poor performers.
- Working with an adviser could help you earn more toward your goals.
- Sometimes, hiring an adviser can actually be riskier than doing things yourself.
- If you’re determined to pick stocks, don’t buy into a business you don’t understand.
- Invest for the long haul.
- To be a successful investor you must divorce yourself from the fears and greed of the people around you, although it is almost impossible.
- It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.
- Remember, price is what you pay; value is what you get.
- Provide adequate capital.
- Remember, risk exists everywhere.
- Do your research & home work properly.
- Formulate your investment strategies.
- Focus on capital preservation and risk mitigation.
- Select good broker and verify his credentials.
- Start investing over time.
- Diversify your portfolio.
- Monitor investments periodically.
- Enjoy the profits.