The Rs.100+crore film is rumored to have collected over Rs.200+ crores over the weekend.
However the film bombed, and distributors are likely to lose most of their money invested. All others might have made some profits even prior to release.
Almost all viewers gave rating of * - - - - and ** - - - only Rajanikanth's die-hard fans gave at best *** - -
Kabali looted money from distributors & viewers and enriched its makers.
Here are some of the viewer reviews:
- Watch at home ....when you want to sleep, but don't feel sleepy
- Worst movie...waste of money and time
- It is not kabali. It is kaali (empty)
- In this story no need for superstar. Any second hero enough for this worthless story.
- After watching the movie, we will get so much depression about Ranjith.
- Why he's done this stupid film with superstar.
- I'm fan of Rajnikanth. But it was a total waste of time watching the movie.
- It is the worst movie I have seen. The script sucks. The action is terrible and what a waste of Rajni's talents. I walked out after the intermission.
- A huge let down....
- Seditious and below average... Rajini getting old and senile...
- ... may have to get ready to pay compensation to the distributors and theater owners.
- Bakwas movie, simply wasted money on this. Its only south peoples craze and publicity. Else movie is not worth watching.
- Perhaps the phenomenal and unprecedented hype has let down the picture and the actor!
- A complete betrayal by Ranjith to our superstar Rajini and his fans. Unfit to direct.
It is time to have some kind of mandatory methodology to protect movie goers interests. The full length movie should be shown as preview, few days before release to media and critics and allow them to pass on honest recommendations, without influencing or luring them, to general public. Movie makers have no right to make substandard movies as they like and extract public money using media and creating hype. They must do enough home work and give viewers value for value.