Mahaatma Vidura was an incarnation of Yama or Dharma Raja born as son of a nobel & pious women by the grace of Bhagvan Veda Vyaasa. In Mahabharata, Vidur is shown as an ideal devotee, a high class hermit, straight forward and a good statesman. Vidura was also the was half-brother to Dhritarashtra and Pandu. Vidura was a true Rishi & a well known scholar of all shastras.
- A man who is respected by good men, who is not proud, and who earns as per his capability such man acquires glory in short span of time.
- Advice only when requested.
- People who suffer sleeplessness are
(ii) People with no moral values
(iii) People with skills lacking resources and
(iv) People usurped the wealth of strong people through deceit.
- Leaders who delegate authority to unworthy people lose peace of mind.
- Success and Happiness
(i) Success of a person is judged by others
(ii) Happiness is felt by you.
(iii) Only peace of mind gives you happiness
- One should identify tasks which require minimum resources and effort and will give maximum benefits and swiftly implement them.
- Impulsive decision should not be taken.
- Never divulge strategic initiatives prematurely to others.
- Treat other people the way he would like to be treated by them.
- Silence is preferred to indiscreet talking.
- Be well balanced in successes and failures.
- A person acquires qualities according to
(i) with whom he moves
(ii) under whom he serves and
(iii) whom he keeps in heart as role model
- (i) Old age destroys beauty
(ii) Temptation destroys patience
(iii) Greed spoils malicious man
(iv) Anger destroys wealth
(v) One's good nature sours as a result of servicing the wicked
(vi) Lust destroys shame
(vii) Ego destroys everything
- Never eat or travel or celebrate alone.
- Giving money to undeserving people and not giving to deserving people are the easiest ways to waste money.
- The man who is proud, who talks about big schemes even in poverty, and who desires money without hard-work is nothing, but a fool.
- Speak politely and never entertain or tolerate the enemy.
- Those who forgive despite their strength & capabilities and who do charity even in poverty are two kinds of men who seek position higher than heaven.
- Aphrodisiac, greed, and anger are like doors to hell and prove corrosive to ones soul.
- Avoid stupid, lazy, rash, and bard people.
- A prosperous man must provide shelter to old members of family or a person of high clan facing troubles in life, a poor friend, and widowed sister.
- Gaining wealth, remaining healthy, having a beautiful wife with sweet voice, having obedient sons, and having education that earns you money are the six things that let you enjoy ultimate-happiness in this world.
- Absence of diseases, absence of debt, no compulsion to stay in foreign land, good relation with friends & relatives, having control on livelihood, and living a life free from fear are the six things that deliver ultimate joy to a man.
- An envying person, hater, dissatisfied, angry, suspicious about everything, and a person who lives on mercy of others; remain unhappy forever.
- The best policy for a wise man is to marry, friendship, and talk with people who are his equivalents.